As cold weather arrives, cold and flu virus infections begin to increase in number, it is important to remember the basics on staying healthy and preventing the spread of germs both at work. A few basic tips to keep from missing work and to help your co-workers stay healthy:
- Get the flu shot to prevent falling ill with influenza.
- Wash your hands frequently. If you can’t wash frequently, then keep antibacterial hand sanitizer with you. Keeping clean hands will help prevent you from catching a cold or virus and will also help prevent germs from spreading if you fall ill.
- Keep your surroundings clean. Sanitize doorknobs, light switches, bathrooms and workspaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. This is often how viruses spread.
- Eat healthy. By increasing your fruit and vegetable intake you will help boost your immune system with the extra vitamin C.
- Stay active. By exercising and getting up to move around it will help keep your blood flowing and strengthen your immune system.
- If you fall ill, make sure you cough or sneeze into your elbow or upper arm to prevent the spread of germs to others.
These basic health steps can help you and your co-workers stay healthy and miss less work through the winter season!